Buying a car can be intimidating at many dealerships. What car do I want? What color? New or Used? But at Jim Shorkey in North Huntingdon, we make sure your car-buying experience goes as smoothly as the K900 drives! Here’s a list of helpful tips to get you started!
- Determine how much you want to borrow. This includes deciding what type of car you want, and the average price for the car. Additionally, you should determine how much you can afford. A rule of thumb is to pay what you can easily pay over a 3- year period. You should also look at your budget and determine the available amount that you have to pay. It is important to realize your budget, because it can prevent mistakes when buying a car.
- Look for a loan. Many lenders will not guarantee a rate until you sign the papers, but they will give you pre-approval for a loan amount and the current rate. You should begin by contacting your bank. If you are eligible for a credit union, it would be beneficial to check with them as well. Ask about automatic payments and interest rates. Or, even easier, fill out a finance application with us here.
- Find you’re perfect car! Use our Smart Browser tools to narrow down your search of our Mitsubishi, Kia, and Chrysler inventory. You can find great deals through these sources.
- Once you have picked out your car, it’s time to pay for it! You can contact your bank with the final details. Generally they will need the title or vehicle identification number to process the loan.
- Once you own the car you will need to get a new title and tags (license plates) for your car. You can do this at your local DMV office. Most cities have a DMV for driver’s licenses and a different DMV for titles and tags. If you have a loan on the car, then the DMV will send the new title directly to the bank. The bank will give you a form to take to the DMV with the new title. But don’t worry—at Jim Shorkey in North Huntingdon, we will help you take care of all of this. And remember, you will not be allowed to register your car until you have found and purchased car insurance.